Monday, August 08, 2005

I have decided to do my research paper on the Agricultural Adjustment Act from FDR’s new deal program. I mainly want to do it on this, because for one it is an easy topic to find sources on. The last thing that I want is to have a topic where it is going to be really hard to find information talking about it. The second reason I want to have the AAA as my topic is because politics interest me. I have a roommate who loves politics and seems to know all the current events and the potential impacts that they will have on society. I really enjoy discussing these topics with him, and we have once discussed FDR’s New Deal programs and how a lot of them didn’t work. He doesn’t know that much about the Agricultural Adjustment Act, so I thought it would be good to study something that he didn’t know much about so that when we talk politics I will be able to have something to talk about.

I am a resolute republican, and love to talk about the issues that affect our country. I love to analyze and figure out better ways that our country could be run. Doing research on the AAA will allow me to study and think of how that was a good thing or a bad thing. I already know that FDR was a devout democrat, and I have a feeling that everything that he did while he was in office was done from a very solid democratic viewpoint. That makes me automatically question those things. The AAA I think will be something that seemed to be a good idea, but resulted as causing more problems than is fixed. In my research paper I plan on figuring out what those problems were and discussing their effects.

The other reason that I want to do this paper is because when people ask me about what I am doing my paper on, I love to tell them my topic and then talk a little bit about it to show that I know what I’m talking about. It makes me seem smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home