Friday, July 15, 2005

Sometimes I really regret staying up all night and having to get up early to do real things. Its so hard sometimes to just go to bed. Its especially hard when everyone around you is up and doing fun things. Last night our apartment complex had a movie at the pool night. My roommate Josh was in charge of the sound system. I could tell that he wanted me to be there to help him if he needed it. I knew I needed to do some homework first, so I went inside to do it. I started working, and just then my friend Shawn came over wanting to do something. I was already getting some pressure from Josh to come hang out, and now Shawn wanted me to come chill. It was more than I could bare. I put my things to the side and went out to watch Pirates of the Carabean with all my friends. It was fun, but because I knew I would have to stay up and finish my homework still, I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked to.

When the movie was finished, I helped Josh clean up all his sound equiptment. After it was all taken down and put in the house, I resumed my homework. Josh came in a few minutes later and told me that he was going to invite a girl over to watch a movie and that she was going to bring a friend. He said that he would appreciate it if I could sort of be the date of the friend so that she didn't feel uncomfortable. I told him to go get them and I would hurry and finish my homework.

I had finished most of it when they showed up. The friend was pretty cute, so naturally I was inclined to stay up and keep her company. I knew I should just go to bed but I couldn't just leave. Knowing that I would regret this decision in the morning, I decided to stay up with all of them. We watch the Incredibles. It was a good wholesome movie. I good one to watch if you are going to watch a movie late at night. When it was over I looked at the clock and sure enough, I was only going to get a couple of hours of sleep before I had to wake up the next morning. We wished I wouldn't have stayed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home