Tuesday, June 28, 2005

When I arrived to work today, I found that our phones were offline. There was a lot of lightning today and it shut off the power for a little while. That knocked out our phone lines for a little while. My job deals exclusively with being on the phone and today I couldn'd make any calls. They said it would be fixed soon, so I did some homework. I felt a little uneasy about being on the clock and not doing anything. Everyone else seemed to be fine with that. I just felt that it was unethical to just sit there and do nothing and get paid for it. For two hours I tried to do something productive. Finally our boss came and told us that the phones wouldn't be coming back on and that we could leave if we wanted. I clocked off and started doing my homework. I most everyone else left except those who really had things that they could do that didn't require a phone. The girl next to me seemed to be busy and stayed for another two hours. I was a little shocked to see that what she was really doing was chatting online and playing minesweeper. I could't believe that. I didn't say anything to her when she left. She just left. I've been thinking about that all day long. The thought of her sitting there on the clock after being told that the phones wouldn't be working and that she should go home makes me a little angry. I can't help but think less of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home