Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A mission is a wonderful thing. For two years you have the chance to go to another place and teach people who you would have never met had you not served a mission. You get to work with a companion and have wonderful experiences with them. You also get to associate with many many other young missionaries like yourself. Two years go by quickly and you soon find yourself back in the real world. You go about your business for a while, and then sooner or later, especially when you live in Utah, you have the chance to go to a mission reunion.

This weekend I had the chance to drive up to Rexburg, Idaho to our mission reunion. We had part of the reunion in a little neighboring town called Rigby. What was ironic was that I served in Rigby for two months while waiting for my visa to go to Venezuela. It was so much fun to drive up the highway seeing all the little towns that I recognized and then going around Rigby to all the places that were familiar to me. Although I couldn't remember a single person who lived there, I still had fun just seeing the town.

It was very nice to see all the old mission buddies of mine at the reunion. Some of them were married and had brought their wives, and others were just recently returned from the field. We spent the whole weekend catching up and filling each other in on what we were doing with our lives. Most of us were going to school. Others were perusing a career, while others weren't doing anything yet. It made me feel good to see all those people in real life situations where they weren't missionaries. I felt like we were really friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home