Sunday, June 26, 2005

Im in charge of ward prayer in my ward. Usually we have an apartment spotlight where a whole apartment stands up and introduces themselves to the ward. Since Im in charge of everything, I require that the spotlightees tell us their name, where they are from, what they do right now, and what their favorite thing about life is.

Tonight we had two girls who lived in the residential part of our ward boundries be spotlighted. They stood up and did the usual introduction, but because there were only two of them and we had some time to kill I decided to have the ward ask them any three questions. They seemed a little uneasy about letting the ward have a free stab at asking them anything. I thought it was funny to see their reaction to the first question. The question was: When you get married, what will your husban find out about you that he won't know before you are married? I thought it was great that one of the girls immidiately walked over and sat down as if she was going to avoid having to answer the question. The other girl reluctantly answered and then sat down knowing well that they were going to answer three questions. Usually I would have made them stand back up and enjoy the uneasyness of being up in front of a bunch of people, but I let them off the hook and let them answer the rest of the questions from their seat. I could tell that they were not excited about having to be up there. I chuckled to myself to think that they were squirming in their seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home