Friday, June 24, 2005

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes. I have a special knack in life. I have the amazing ablilty to make people feel a little uncomfortable. I think it is because I really enjoy getting that akward reaction from people who don't know what to do when something out of the ordinary presents itself.

I remember once I went to a BYU football game with some friend. It was a friday night, and we were all single and ready to mingle. On this particular night I was in such a mood that I didn't seem to care at all what other people thought of me. My friends and I sat ourselves down and began to enjoy the game. There approached two girls who my friends had met a few weeks ago. My friends and the girls began to talk. They were both good looking girls who in fact looked a lot like barbie dolls. I could tell just by observing them that they weren't too bright. I thought, I have no desire to impress these girls. Let's see what kind of reaction they get.

I began to dish out random questions to see how they would react. I asked questions like, so what was to greatest event of the day? or On a scale of monkey to leprechaun, how excited are you about this football game? They answered none of my questions and when I blerted out the next question I made sure that it was loud enough that they had to have heard me. They both looked right at me and then suddenly got that deer in the headlights look like they were looking through me all of a sudden. Then their eyes slowly shifted to something just beyond and to the side of me, and kept moving until they weren't even facing me. They seemed really uncomfortable like they didn't know what to do, so, without even saying one word to me just started walking away. I thought it was pretty funny. Ive never seen those girls again, and Im sure if I did, I would do the same thing.

Those questions worked that time, and they have worked since, and Im sure that they'll work again.

Seriously, Im really a nice guy. Don't get the wrong impression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home